This position is designated as essential personnel for the University and may be required to report to work during adverse weather conditions even though the University may be operating on an alternate schedule.
Installs, maintains, and repairs locks, key systems, and door hardware components campus-wide. Processes all key requests and archives confidential information.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Interprets Master Keying Guide. Uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the university's master key system while meeting customer requests.
2. Services, repairs and installs all door hardware, including fire rated exit devices, closers, mortise and cylindrical locking hardware as well electronic key card and keypad systems.
3. Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
4. Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
5. Monitors and tracks all work orders for timely completion.
6. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
7. Handles project management tasks and must possess a working knowledge of processes and timelines.
8. Provides scope and cost estimates when requested.
9. Working knowledge in key bittings array for small format master keying, pinning of cores, ability to research and collect information pertaining to customer needs
10. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on door hardware, fire rated exit devices, closers and all locking components campus-wide.Assists other trades as required.
11. Assists other trades as required.
12. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of hardware manufacturer installation specifications and guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of NFPA 101 and NFPA 80 life safety and fire codes, and the ability to locate and research needed materials associated with job from vendor source.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally with supervisors and the campus community including the customer scope of work requested.
- Understand verbal and written instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Certification/Licensure Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) BY Associated Locksmiths of America.
Applications should be received by 8/25/20.