Honors Degree in Education
An Honors Degree in Education is available to qualified majors and open (but not limited to) candidates enrolled in University Honors. The Honors Degree in Education is available for students majoring in Elementary, Elementary Integrated to Merged and Secondary Education.
To graduate with Honors in Education, education majors must successfully complete the following:
- Fulfill the usual requirements for education majors.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 in professional courses and 3.5 overall.
- Maintain a 3.5 grade-point average in teaching major.
- Establish an Honors Advisory Committee consisting of two Education and Human Development faculty members and one faculty member from the teaching major.
- Complete a minimum of three semester hours in course work approved by the Honors Advisory Committee.
- Complete successfully a six-hour Honors Thesis (Curriculum and Instruction 3999) approved by the Honors Advisory Committee.
- Perform satisfactorily in an oral examination of an honors thesis in education.