Alternative Certification Requirements
The Alternative Certification program in Educational Leadership requires:
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours.
- Complete 5 Program Assessments: School Law final, School Community Relations Plan, Clinical Supervision Project, Personal Contribution to School Improvement, Clinical Field Evaluations.
- Complete LiveText electronic portfolio: 150 field experience hours, 18 artifacts.
- Earn a passing score on the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA).
Note: This program prepares candidates for the “Educational Leader Certificate—Level 1”. Students must apply to the Louisiana Department of Education for appropriate credentialing.
State Requirements for Level 1 Educational Leadership Certificate
- Hold or be eligible to hold a valid Louisiana Type A or Level 3 Teaching Certificate
- Have completed a competency-based graduate degree program in the area of educational leadership from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Earn a passing score on the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) in accordance with state requirements.
Note: Students wishing to pursue a Ph.D. in Educational Administration at UNO may apply several credit hours from the alternative certification program toward the K-12 concentration.