Each institution appoints an Accreditation Liaison to facilitate communication and other work with SACSCOC. The liaison is often a senior faculty member or administrator who reports directly to the chief executive officer and has a suitable degree of visibility on campus.
The Accreditation Liaison is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into the planning and evaluation process of the institution.
- Notifying the Commission in advance of substantive changes and program developments in accord with the substantive change policies of the Commission.
- Familiarizing faculty, staff, and students with the Commission's accrediting policies and procedures, and with particular sections of the accrediting standards and Commission policies that have application to certain aspects of the campus (e.g., library, continuing education) especially when such documents are adopted or revised.
- Serving as a contact person for Commission staff. This includes encouraging institutional staff to route routine inquiries about the Principles of Accreditation and accreditation policies and processes through the Accreditation Liaison, who will contact Commission staff, if necessary, and ensuring that email from the Commission office does not get trapped in the institution’s spam filter.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual profiles and any other reports requested by the Commission.
- Serving as a resource person during the decennial review process and helping prepare for and coordinating reaffirmation and other accrediting visits. Ensuring that electronic institutional data collected by the Commission is accurate and timely.
- Maintaining a file of all accreditation materials, such as, reports related to the decennial review; accreditation committee reports; accreditation manuals, standards, and policies; schedules of all visits; and correspondence from accrediting offices.
Caroline Noyes, PhD
Associate Provost for Academic Programs
University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148