Immunization Compliance Form

Immunization Information

students smiling

Immunization waiver

Use your UNO Email address ( in order to access the Immunization waiver.

New Student Requirement

New or re-entering student are subject to a State legislated pre-matriculation immunization statute which requires that you provide UNO with your immunization status regarding measles, mumps, rubella and tetanus-diphtheria or tetanus toxoid reduced diphtheria acellular pertussis, additionally two meningococcal immunizations are required. The following information should answer all of your questions about immunization requirements and related documentation

  1. You must have had a Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus toxoid reduced diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) within the last ten years.
  2. If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, two measles-mumps-rubella immunizations are needed.

    a. The first of these immunizations must be given after 1967, after your first birthday, and given without gamma globulin. The second must be given at least 30 days later.

    b. If you had the disease, one of two proofs is necessary:

       i. A blood test, called a titer, which shows immunity to the disease.

       ii. The signature of the physician who attended you when you were ill with the disease.
  3. If you were born before 1957, there is no measles-mumps-rubella requirement.
  4. If you were born before 1957, the diphtheria-tetanus requirement still applies.
  5. All students must show proof of two does of meningococcal conjugate vaccination separated by at least eight weeks.
  6. Please have the compliance form completed and returned prior to registration. Failure to do so will result in your registration being delayed or denied. The information may be faxed, mailed, or returned in person.
  7. You must use your UNO EMAIL ADDRESS ( in order to access the system and complete the Immunization Waiver. Please note that it may take 24-48 hours for the immunization hold to be lifted from the student record.

New or Re-entering Students Who Need Immunization

Student Health Services can provide immunization for students that have been admitted to the university but have not paid fees yet or attended classes. There is a fee associated with these immunizations and are payable at the time of service. Please contact Student Health Services for more information

Frequently Asked Questions

If I decide to go to an outside clinic to be immunized, what should I take with me?

You should bring the Proof of Immunization Compliance Form so that it can be filled out by the health care professional at the clinic or office of your choice.

If I graduated from UNO and plan to stay and continue on with graduate school, will I have to bring in another completed immunization form?

No, if we already have your immunization records on file, then you do not have to turn in another immunization form. However, if you’ve never turned in your immunization records at all, then it is recommended that you take the necessary action to be immunized so that you, the student, will not have to worry about not attending classes if there should be an outbreak on campus.

If my records were destroyed due to extenuating circumstances, what should I do?

Although it is understandable that you may have already been immunized, the documentation is required in order to attend any school in Louisiana. As stated earlier, there are clinics in the New Orleans area, and students can be immunized at Student Health Services. It is strongly recommended that several copies be kept in a safe place for your own personal records.

Will I be able to register if my immunization records aren’t turned in before school starts?

No. Registration is delayed until the immunization requirement is met.

I had my shots a long time ago. Are they still valid?

Valid shots means that the Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) or Tetanus toxoid reduced diphtheria acellular pertussis (Tdap) was taken within the last 10 years from the current date, and the two MMR vaccines have been taken twice. The MMR vaccinations are good for life and do not have to be taken every 10 years as the Tetanus-Diphtheria. Additionally, two meningococcal vaccines are required and should be separated by at least eight weeks.

My records show that I have had many shots. Is that a problem or can they count towards the requirement?

The more shots you’ve had, the better for you! Depending on when they were administered, they may count towards meeting the requirement.

If I’m not able to send my immunizations via mail, how can I send it?

UNO accepts records by mail or fax, or you can personally drop them off at Student Health Services (UC 238). Our fax number is (504) 280-5405.

Can I obtain a copy of my immunization records from UNO?

Yes you may. There is a $3.00 fee for obtaining immunization records, and the acceptable forms of payment are cash, credit card (MasterCard, Visa or American Express), and checks. (Make checks payable to UNO Student Health Services along with your SSN on the check.) Out-of-state students who wish to receive their immunization records from UNO must send in a request letter along with the fee of $3.00.

Are you traveling outside the U.S.?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates an international traveler’s immunization hotline to obtain information about required or recommended shots for your destination. Call them at (877)394-8747, or visit their website