University of New Orleans Staff Council
The University of New Orleans Staff Council is committed to providing the best possible representation for the staff of the university. Our goal is to identify ways that we can effectively support and enhance the working lives of our valued fellow staff. The UNO Staff Council welcomes questions, comments, concerns and input from the entire university community in order to make the University of New Orleans the best place in the City of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana to work and prosper.
What does Staff Council do for you?
- Representation – You can voice concerns through any Staff Council Representative; a voice to the administration.
- Scholarships – Staff Council has established a scholarship fund for the children of staff members through fund raising events.
- Holiday Food Drive – Staff Council coordinates the University’s efforts to collect food donations for the needy.
- Staff Socials – Staff Council sponsors events for all University employees to encourage communication and involvement.
- Employee Recognition – Staff Council administers the service pin and employee of month awards program which recognizes outstanding employees for their achievements.
What can you do for Staff Council?
- Participate in meetings
- Attend social events
- Serve on committees
- Voice your opinions to any representative
Thursday, June 20th
10:00AM - UC 208
Presenter: Dr. John Nicklow, President
The Service With Jazz program recognizes employees who demonstrate a strong work ethic, customer service, commitment, loyalty, leadership and motivation.
University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148