The Office of Research is committed to research involving both undergraduate and graduate students. The mission of student research is to engage all students in research across all disciplines. The goals of the Office of Research are to:
- Introduce students, regardless of discipline, to research: the search or discovery of new information through creative and scholarly works.
- Provide the mechanisms for students to search for research funding opportunities.
Center for Undergraduate Research
The Center for Undergraduate Research was established to:
- Facilitate collaboration among undergraduate students and faculty;
- Promote undergraduate research to internal and external audiences;
- Encourage new initiatives to create and enhance undergraduate research opportunities.
Programs and Initiatives:
Privateer Undergraduate Research and Scholarly UNO Experience (PURSUE) and College of Sciences Undergraduate Research Program (CoSURP) will provide students a mechanism to find research mentors. Selected students will be awarded with student worker positions to work on their projects.
Each spring all UNO undergraduate students who have conducted independent research, and who have a faculty sponsor/recommendation, are invited to participate. Students present their research in various formats including oral presentations, poster sessions, performances, scholarly and creative work, and art displays.
Undergraduate Student Travel Award
The Undergraduate Student Travel Award offers financial assistance to undergraduate students traveling to domestic conferences/symposia to present research or creative/scholarly works.
Application (download to fillable pdf)