Privateer ID Cards

Contact Us

Computer Center 112
Phone: (504) 280-6286

Who can have a UNO ID card?

The card is available to students, faculty, and staff. It also is available to others affiliated with UNO. If you would like to have an ID card, but are unsure if you qualify, give us a call.

What can the ID card be used for?

While its primary function is identification, your UNO ID card does much more than that. It will allow you to:

  • Make use of the UNO Library, Computer Labs, Learning Resource Center and other academic resources
  • Attend UNO Athletic Events at no cost
  • Utilize a meal plan
  • Access the UNO Recreation and Fitness Center
  • Obtain discounts at movie theaters and other businesses around the city

How do I get my ID card?

You will need to come to the Key & Card Access Office ready to have your picture taken. Remember to bring a photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.) and your student ID number with you. If you are a Faculty or Staff member, you must have your employee number, department name and position title. Keep in mind that the names, titles, and departments will be used to produce the ID card.

What happens if I lose my ID Card?

If your card is lost or stolen, it is your responsibility to immediately report it to UNO Police (504) 280-6666, the Library (504) 280-6355 and Aramark Food Services, if you have a meal plan, (504) 280-6370. There is a $15 fee charged for replacement of a lost or stolen ID card.

What happens if my card is found and turned in to the Key & Card Access Office?

If your ID card is found and turned in to the Key & Card Access Office, you will receive an e-mail from us letting you know that it is in our office. After we have sent the e-mail, you will have five business days to pick it up. If your card has not been claimed by the end of the fifth business day it will be destroyed.

What happens if my card doesn't work anymore?

If a card no longer works properly due to a defect in the card, there is no replacement charge. Otherwise, there will be a $15 replacement charge.