Frequently Asked Questions

  1. When will I get my travel reimbursement?

How long does it usually take for a travel reimbursement to be completed? In-house processing time for travel expense vouchers that arrive with all necessary documentation is 10 working days. Vouchers which have missing information may be delayed until all items have been provided. Accounts Payable will contact you by e-mail if they need additional information.


  1. Why do I have to fill out the Request for Authorization to Travel Form?


A Travel Authorization Form consolidates all prior written approval travel requests required by PM-49, the Louisiana Travel Guide published by Office of State Travel. All University travelers, including employees and UNO guest, are required to have an approved Travel Authorization Form. The form is completed in SharePoint and must be approved before the start of travel by all parties in order to be reimbursed with UNO funds. The form also establishes liability and grants permission to travel by the traveler’s department. One blanket authorization form is permitted for in-state routine travel per fiscal year.


  1. Why can't I turn in a copy of a receipt?

State accounting rules mandate that original receipts for reimbursements be kept on file in Accounts Payable.


  1. How do I purchase an airline ticket if I don't have a corporate credit card?

If you don't have a corporate credit card, you can request to use the Controlled Billed Account (CBA) to pay for an airline ticket. This involves writing a memo requesting use of the CBA. Click the above link for more information.


  1. Why does Accounts Payable keep changing the rules and procedures for travel reimbursement?

UNO travel reimbursements are governed by the PPM 49. These rules are updated every July 1st, which is the start of the new fiscal year.