Advising Appointments

All students should bring an unofficial copy of their transcripts to the advisor. We can print the copies in our department or Liberal Arts students can request unofficial transcripts in the College of Liberal Arts, located in Milneburg Hall Room 273.

Graduate Advising

Inquiries for the MPA Program, please email

Undergraduate Advising

The Department of Political Science has an Undergraduate Committee. The five members of this committee are advisors for undergraduate students. To better serve you, we have streamlined the advising process. We will now assign students to the four undergraduate advisors according to the first letter of your last name.

*Professor Shomade advises students who are interested in law school and careers in the legal profession. Students who need advising on degree requirements should see their regular assigned advisor.

 A - H  I - P  Q - Z  Pre-Law
Edward E. Chervenak
John J. Kiefer
Michael Huelshoff
Salmon A. Shomade*

Change of Major

For students who wish to change their major to Political Science, please see an advisor in our department first.