Graduate Scholarships & Assistantships

Graduate Scholarships are awarded to students entering in fall semesters only. Scholarship applications for Fall 2017 are now closed.

Graduate Assistantships are offered in different departments each semester. Note an earlier application deadline if requesting a scholarship.

International Students

UNO hosts hundreds of international students, faculty and staff from approximately 90 countries and the Arts Administration Program has successfully graduated students from throughout Europe, Central and South America and Asia. The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) provides comprehensive immigration advising, programming and support services.

Proficiency in the English language is vital to the academic success of international students. All students whose native language is not English are required to submit an acceptable Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) composite score of at least 79-80 on the iBT (internet based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based). A Statement of Financial Support must also be submitted to the Office of Admissions, indicating financial ability to remain at the University long enough to complete degree requirements. Those requiring a student visa must be admitted on an unconditional basis.

Further testing will be given to verify English competency when the student arrives on campus. In certain cases applicants with superior academic credentials who do not meet the minimum TOEFL requirement may be considered for admission into the Intensive English Language program before pursuing a degree.

It is mandatory that all international students participate in UNO's student medical insurance program. Fees for this insurance will be assessed at registration. This requirement may be waived if the student can show proof of insurance that can be applied internationally.

If you have attended college in a foreign country, you must have the application and records on file 90 days prior to registration to be considered for admission. Academic records required are (1) official certified transcripts of each year of college or university work (2) certified English translation of each year of college or university work. Each transcript should include the dates of attendance, titles of courses, credits earned, detailed marks, and an explanation of the marks or grading system used. An appropriate school or government official must authenticate these records as accurate. The records must be sent directly to the UNO Office of Admissions from the school. No photocopies will be accepted as official records.