The University of New Orleans is in the midst of celebrating International Education Week 2015, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education.
The celebratory week was founded to highlight the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide, and UNO is pleased to offer a number of activities celebrating this nationwide event.
International Education week activities planned for the rest of the week include:
Wednesday, Nov. 18:
• International Opportunities & Passport Fair from 10 a.m. to p.m. in the University Center lobby. Find out about UNO's international endeavors, and submit your U.S. passport application.
• Study Abroad Cultural Café from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the University Center Ballroom. Free food and cultural presentations highlight UNO's diverse international scene.
Thursday, Nov. 19:
• National Student Exchange Information Session from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the University Center Atrium. Thinking about participating in the student exchange program? National Student Exchange advisors and current visiting exchange students will be on hand to discuss the program and answer questions. Food and musical entertainment will be provided.
• International Photo Contest and Limerick Contest Awards Ceremony at 2:00 in the International Center Student Lounge. Enjoy refreshments and celebrate the winners of this year's photo and limerick contests.
Friday, Nov. 20:
• Cabbage Ball Tournament and Pot Luck with UNO’s Intensive English Language Program from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the International Center Courtyard. Cabbage ball is part baseball, part kickball--and, most importantly, its fun.
In addition, there will be featured international menu items all week long in the University Center cafeteria. More information about all of these events can be found at inst.uno.edu/iew15.
These activities were made possible with support from UNO's Division of International Education, Aramark, the UNO Diversity Committee, New Orleans Museum of Art, Center Austria, New Orleans Passport Agency, Lakeside Camera Photo Works, A to Z Framing, LeMieux Galleries, UNO Bookstore, Global Mentor Program, Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group, World Affairs Council of New Orleans, and the active participation of UNO students, faculty and staff.