FAQ: Spring 2013 Centralized Registration

Please note:

UNO uses the WebSTAR system for student account management. Many of the tools and processes that make up the administrative part of your time at the University can be found there. In a few instances, forms not on WebSTAR can be downloaded from the Bursar's site.

All students must have their fee bills paid in full or paid in half with the Extended Payment Plan by 4:30 pm on January 4th to prevent their class schedule from being canceled.   

Mail Payments:

The University of New Orleans
Office of Bursar Operations,
2000 Lakeshore Drive
New Orleans, LA 70148

*Include your student ID number
and a valid phone number on
your check.

University Office Hours:

Monday through Friday:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm

January 15th and 22nd- office opened from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.

When is centralized enrollment, and where is it located?

Spring 2013 centralized enrollment services are from January 11, 2013 – January 18, 2013. The Registrar's Office, Office of Bursar Operations, Student Financial Aid, Parking Decals and ID Cards will be located in their own offices.

What are UNO's office hours during centralized enrollment?

UNO's office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.

January 15th and 22nd, the office will be opened from 8:00 am- 6:00 pm.    

How much is tuition?

This information located under Tuition and Fees. There are two different Fee Schedules on for Undergraduates and one
for Graduates.

Where can I find a detailed explanation of the fees on fee bill?

We know the fee structure can seem a little complicated. You can view the descriptions of UNO's course  fees on the Bursar Office's under the Tuition and Fees section of our website.

When will my fee bill be available, and how do I receive it?

Students can view their fee bill on WebSTAR immediately after their classes are scheduled. Fee Bills are no longer mailed, and are sent to the student's UNO email account. Failure to receive a fee bill does not warrant exemption from penalties for nonpayment or any other restrictions. Students are responsible for satisfying all payment requirements and neglecting to make payments by deadlines may result in administrative action.
Please note that you do not need a fee bill to pay for your account balance.

Additional Contact Information

Accounts Receivable Office:
Phone: (504) 280-3280
E-mail: ARinfo@uno.edu

Bursar Third Pary Administrator:
Phone: (504) 280-6505
E-mail: tpa@uno.edu

Campus Dining Website

Financial Aid Office:
Phone: (504) 280-6603
E-mail: finaid@uno.edu

Graduate School:
Phone: (504) 280-1296
E-mail: graduateschool@uno.edu

Phone: (504) 280-6402
Fax: (504) 280-5584
Housing Website
E-mail: studenthousing@uno.edu

Perkins Loan Coordinator:
Phone: (504) 280-6506 Scholarship Office:
Phone: (504) 280-6603
E-mail: scholarships@uno.edu

Student Health Services Office: Phone: (504) 280-6387 UCC Help Desk: (504) 280-4357
E-mail: HelpDesk@uno.edu

How can I view my account summary page on WebSTAR?

Once logged onto WebSTAR, go to Self Service – Campus Finances – View Account Summary.

How can I make a payment?

Students can make cash or check payments at the Office of Bursar Operations located in Room 1006 of the Administration Building. VISA/ Mastercard, American Express, and Discover payments are accepted online through WebSTAR. Wire transfers are also accepted. To learn more about wire payments check in the Holds, Withdrawals and Fees section of this website.

Students can mail payments to the attention of the Office of Bursar Operations at the University of New Orleans. If a check is mailed, please include the student ID number on the check and a valid phone number.

Students can make a credit card or electronic check payment via WebSTAR. Please note only Visa/ Master Card, American Express and Discover are accepted on WebSTAR.

When is the payment deadline for the Spring 2013 term?

All students must have their fee bills paid in full by 4:30 pm on January 4th, 2012 to prevent their class schedule from being purged (canceled).   

What happens if I do not pay my balance owed to UNO?

If a student's balance is not paid in full by the published due dates, their class schedule will be purged (canceled). Check the UNO Calendar under the category "Academic"  and "Application Due Dates". Dates are also listed on the Registrar Office's website and under "Important Dates" within this website.

Will anticipated aid hold my class schedule?

A student's class schedule will not be canceled if their anticipated aid is more than their balance owed. If the anticipated aid only covers a portion of the balance, the student is responsible for paying the remaining balance by the published due dates.

What do I do if my Financial Aid is not on my account?

You should contact the financial aid office by phone or by email if your aid is not showing on your
student account.

Is there a payment plan for the Spring term?

Yes, there is a payment plan for the Spring semester called the Extended Payment Plan Option (EPPO). The EPPO allows students to pay a minimum of 50 percent of the total balance required by the designated payment deadline (January 4th to avoid the late fee and prevent classes from being purged). The remaining balance will be due on March 1st. If a student does not satisfy their minimum financial obligation by the published final due date, the student's classes will be purged.

A promissory note must be on file in the Office of Bursar Operations for each semester a student participates in the EPPO. The promissory note is located on WebSTAR and in the Accounts Receivable Office.

A $50.00 non-refundable EPPO Fee will be assessed to all students who choose the EPPO. If you do not elect the EPPO and only pay the minimum balance due by the published due date, you will still be charged the $50 non-refundable EPPO fee.

Do I need a parking decal for the Spring semester and if so, how much does it cost?

A parking decal is required for the Spring 2013 semester. The Spring decal is $85.00 and is valid through the Summer 2013 term. Additional decals are $43.00.

Can my excess financial aid pay for a parking decal?

Yes, excess financial aid can pay for a parking decal. A representative from the Office of Bursar Operations can add the decal to your student account. Once the decal is added, you can pick up the decal from Campus Police. A Title IV form must be on file with the Office of Bursar Operations in order to have your financial aid pay for the decal. Please bring the completed form with you to the Office of Bursar Operations if you have not completed
one already.

How do I receive a book voucher for the spring semester?

In order to receive a Bookstore Voucher, you must be a financial aid recipient for the semester and meet the following criteria:

  • The anticipated aid reflected on your account is $100.00 more than the amount owed to the university.
  • A Title IV Authorization Form must be completed and on file with the Office of Bursar Operations.

Each semester, students will be notified if they qualify for a bookstore voucher through their UNO e-mail. The e-mail will provide the amount of the voucher and the specific dates the voucher can be used. If you have any questions about UNO's Bookstore Voucher program, please contact the Accounts Receivable Office.

When will excess financial aid refunds be issued?

Refunds for excess financial aid will be issued within 14 days from when the aid is posted to a student's account.

How will I receive my refund?

Students are informed by their UNO email regarding information on their refunds and are encouraged to enroll in our Direct Deposit Program. Enrolling in this program will prevent your refund from being delayed. To register in the program, you will need to complete a Direct Deposit Authorization Form. If you are already enrolled in the Direct Deposit Program, your bank account stays on file so there is no need to resubmit another authorization form. If you change bank accounts, you will have to submit a new authorization form with your new
bank information.

If direct deposit is not set up, a check will be processed and students will have 14 days to pick it up at the Office of Bursar Operations. If the check is not picked up within 14 days, it will be mailed to the student's mailing address on WebSTAR.

If I withdraw from the University or drop a portion of my classes, will I receive a refund?

Please refer to the Important Dates section for information on dropping classes.

What do I do if my Graduate Assistantship (GA) is not on my fee bill?

If a GA award is not on your fee bill, please contact the Graduate School. All GA students are responsible for paying their course fees by the published due dates. If a GA award is not on a student's fee bill and the late fee or purge deadline is approaching, please contact the Office of Bursar Operations to ensure the correct amount is paid and administrative action is not taken.

What do I do if my GI Bill or 3rd party payment is not showing on my fee bill?

Please call or e-mail the Bursar Third Pary Administrator if your GI Bill or 3rd party payment is not showing on your fee bill.

What do I do if my National Guard exemption or employee tuition waiver is not on my fee bill?

Please contact the Financial Scholarship Officer by phone or by e-mail for all National Guard and employee tuition waiver questions.

How do I remove a registration hold from my account?

  • Contact UNO's Accounts Receivable office for any question regarding a financial registration hold.
  • For immunization hold questions, please contact UNO's Student Health Services Office.
  • If you have an advising registration hold, please contact your college or adviser.
  • Call the Perkins Loan Coordinator if the registration hold states you have a defaulted Perkins Loan.


Can I receive a meal plan during the Spring term?

Meal plans are offered throughout the academic year.

If you have excess financial aid and want your aid to pay for your meal plan, please visit the bursar counter to complete the proper paperwork. A Title IV form must be on file with the Office of Bursar Operations in order to have your financial aid pay for the meal plan. To expedite time, bring the completed Title IV form with you to the Bursar Counter if you have not completed one already.

Please note it is required for a student to receive a meal plan if they are staying in Pontchartrain Hall.

Who should I contact if I cannot log onto WebSTAR or my UNO email account?

For all UNO email and WebSTAR questions, please contact the UCC Help Desk.

How do I view my course schedule?

You can view your course schedule on WebSTAR.