Resigning from the University

Any student who receives federal student financial aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins, Stafford Subsidized Loan, Stafford Unsubsidized Loan and/or PLUS Loan) and withdraws, drops out, or takes an unapproved leave of absence from the University must follow the Federal Refund/Repayment Regulations if 60% of the semester has not been completed.

These regulations may require the student to refund and/or repay the financial aid program from which he/she received funds from. Students should consult a financial aid counselor before resigning from the University.

The federal loan returned to the student will automatically become the students' responsibility.

If you accept financial aid and decide not to attend the University before or after the semester begins, you must drop all classes, withdraw, and resign from the University.